Friday, February 11, 2011

Britain's Parliament sends an amber light to the EU!

Yesterday's free vote by MPs in the House of Commons was not about votes for prisoners. It was however a vote by 234 MPs to 22, details here, warning the EU and other supra-national legislating bodies, (both judicial, commissional or faux-parliamentarian,) that a substantial number of the elected representatives of the British people are now beginning to heed the deep anger of the electorate at the growing humiliations being heaped upon our once independent and sovereign nation.

This blog chronicles the reasons for such outrage, so that no further explanation need be offered here today, but how can I so definitively assert that votes for prisoners is not a consideration? The answer is simple, I have been personally disenfranchised by the British electoral system from voting in national elections in spite of never having received a parking ticket let alone have the slightest suggestion of any involvement with any criminal court, criminal proceedings nor record of any criminality whatsoever. My crime, while still being a recipient of a ludicrously small UK Old Age Pension, happily buttressed by a much depleted UK private pension, (itself subjected to years of leakage through the outrageous theft of  Gordon Brown and the addiction of the UK pensions industry for obscene levels of commission,) was having made myself absent from the country for a period in excess of a certain number of years (which apparently can sometimes be made to vary at the merest whim of local council election officials).

The end result of these complicated arrangements and uncertainties over postal voting restrictions, was to deprive me of a vote in the last but one general election (in spite of being registered as a voter and being the earliest founding member of a new political party called Veritas, then intended to bring truth back to Westminster's politics) and to thereafter make it impossible for me to ever again vote for another national government unless I switch my citizenship to that of the EU country in which I now reside, or return to reside in the country of my birth which due to the decay and corruption of our democracy, and the collection of huge and unreasonable sums of taxation purely for remittance to the EU, has been brought to the edge of collapse. 

I vote for my local council here in France. I may vote for the overpaid object of disdain that carries the badge of venality, MEP. I cannot, presently however, vote for the Member of the Parliament at Westminster, which my forefathers fought to have indefinitely represent my democratic interests. Votes for prisoners? How totally sick does the above make you feel, Mr Cameron?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home