Saturday, November 01, 2008

Warnings on the House Price Crash

I was on the telephone this morning and was surprised to be told that no 0ne could have foreseen the house price crash coming other than perhaps, Warren Buffet. My protestations that I had been warning of just such an outcome on my blogs appeared to be met with some doubt. While many of my warnings were made on the old "FT Forums" facility of the Financial Times which now do not easily seem accessible online, I have trawled up a couple of choice quotes from my blog Ironies: "Britain will not survive the continuation of this Government in office for very much longer!" Ironies 10:11 am 13th June, 2003 linked here. By 09:12 pm on 13th August, 2003 , read here, on the appointment of Mervyn King as Governor of the Bank of England and substitution of the CPI for the RPI in the inflation indices, I made the point that if price stabilisation were the objective this was an error as follows: Personally, however, and strictly as a non-economist, if I wanted to use a statistic showing price rises were no longer that severe a problem, which I assume is Brown's intent, then I think I would leave the property element in. This is a particularly fascinating quote as the assumption, highlighted above, I made back in 2003 is now quite clearly totally incorrect. I wished to retain property prices in the inflation index as property was already over-valued and the end result of any inevitable adjustment would be beneficial to the inflation figures. Brown, it is now daily becoming ever clearer, had no such aim! Brown's plan was presumably , the deliberate destruction of the English economy, his recent actions with Scotland's Banks leaving sufficient suspicion that he hopes to save Scotland from the worst effects of his disastrous economic mismanagement as Chancellor and present subsequent Prime Ministerial misrule. While looking through these old postings readers might enjoy my rant on the Zimbabwe 500 note and its euro equivalent posted on 1st August 2003 on the same page as the above quote or from here. I might add further links here later as I have to research other blogs including Teetering Tories, regarding the reported bribery of former Tory Party leader Michael Howard.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home