Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Can Britain afford a 'pyschopath' Prime Minister

The headline of this post is this morning the BIG question for Britain's Labour Party? Gordon Brown is presently on a visit to the USA and coups against autocratic or unstable rulers while they are away from home are often the best opportunity for cowed supporters to finally act. My question is prompted by an article in the pages of this morning's Daily Telegraph, linked here, by regular columnist Simon Heffer. He writes: "I do not think Mr Brown is dishonest. I think he is blinkered by sociopathy,". My dictionary defines sociopath as "another name for a pyschopath", which itself is defined as "a person afflicted with a personality disorder characterized by a tendency to commit antisocial and sometimes violent acts and a failure to feel guilt for such acts". I cannot recall an incumbent Prime Minister having been accused of such a condition in a national daily broadsheet within my lifetime. What is the Labour Party now going to do - sue or substitute? Surely the matter cannot be allowed to rest as it stands?

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home