Friday, August 31, 2007

I fear the EU , will I be criminalised?

Since writing my only novel in the mid 1990s I have been a vocal critic of the direction of what is now the EU. As soon as I discovered blogspot (now eight years old ...Happy Birthday Blogspot!) I have used it on various blogs to probe and uncover the direction of this non-democratic monstrosity. I have gone on so long and so obsessively that many might consider me xenophobic, which as I have pointed out in the posting below will potentially criminalise me under Article 61 of the new treaty, though I suspect this provision has already been slipped in somewhere else in the EU law-making process. What do I fear about the EU? Pretty well everything actually, the manner the Reform Treaty is being rammed through provides a splendid encapsulation of all that has gone wrong. Other areas are the non-taxability of the pensions of its officials, the fact that such pensions can be forfeited if ex-officials critices any aspect of the ghastly construct, the self-serving nature of its policies to the outside world driven perhaps by the means in which it gathers its 'own resources' and then blithely spends them as it wills supremely untroubled by the fact that year after year its auditors refuse to sign off on the accounts. The toothless European Parliament which makes a condition of its largesse to its totally non-productive members, total obedience to the goals of the Union, thus neutering even its supposed opponents such as the UKIP. Now the EU plans to make itself subservient to a secretive Politburo, the European Council, and President where not one National Leader has had the guts to publicly question the disgusting concept of a binding mandate to the IGC which effectively neuters 27 national parliaments for all time! Does the new 'Reform' Treaty remove the provisions under which its officials and ex-officials can totally avoid national taxation and therefore the consequences of policies? If not how can it possibly be called a reform? I fear the EU, my fears, I believe, are not xenophobic, they are borne out by the facts as I analyse them. But under Article 61 who will decide? Why is it needed? What will happen to freedom of thought and expression?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home